Tinsel (my pup) and I have been best buds for a little over six years now. We are attached at the hip. We spend weekends strolling through parks or lounged at home binge watching our fave Netflix shows – Right now we are binge watching Frasier (Tinsel finds Eddie HILARIOUS). We spend each night sleeping nose to nose in bed (my husband is NOT OK WITH THIS – though I’m sure he’ll get over it eventually). She’s my other half.
So if any of you are like me – you know just how special dogs are.
The Best Advice Tinsel shared with me
- Always stretch after waking up. Take a minute after napping or in the morning to have a good stretch. Wake up your body gently.
- Drink water. Lots and lots of water. Starbucks Matcha Tea Lattes are delicious, but water is essential.
- A really long walk can cure anything. When I’m having a rough day at work or had an argument with a friend; I know taking a walk and clearing my head is always the best medicine.
- Family is the most important thing, but family can be made up of anyone. Tinsel is picky (so am I) to truly let anyone into our family. But those who you do choose to let in are family.
- Always greet each other with wiggle butts. Well figuratively. It doesn’t matter if I have been gone all day or ten minutes, I know when I open the door she will be just as excited to see me. Greet everyone like this.
- The best meditation is just basking in the sun. Sit in the sun, feeling it’s warmth and just breathe.
- Take naps. Take sooo many naps. Nothing is better than a warm, sunny Saturday afternoon curled up in bed cuddled with Tinsel. Take time to rest.
- Never live in the past. Live in the future, this very moment and never worry about yesterday.
- Love with no limits. Those who you choose to let in, love them endlessly.
- Be strong. Be Brave. Life might get scary (like that little dog the next door over) but stand your ground, you are stronger than you know.