It’s FINALLY THE HOLIDAY SEASON! SO I want to share with you this years Holiday Tradition Bucket list for my family!
Let’s get this Holiday Bucket List started:
1. We love to visit the Orlando Museum of Art’s Festival of Trees (You can check that article out tomorrow!)
2. We normally spend at least one or two weekend up north. Tennessee, South Carolina or North Carolina – just because we don’t get seasons here in Florida, we like to visit and see the trees change and possible see snow!
3. I (TRY REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD) not to put my Christmas tree up until Black Friday after Thanksgiving. But when we do, I blast my favorite holiday music and make a mess of our house.
4. We attend at least one Ugly Sweater party
5. Oh! We love to volunteer our extra time. Normally, I try to spend at least one weekend assisting at a soup kitchen. But we ALWAYS “Sponsor a Family” through our work. (Where we assist a coworkers family in buying gifts for their children and food for their homes)
6. I always stop at the Goodwill and buy as many blankets as possible, I was them and bring them to our local animal shelter. Sometimes, if I have enough time, I make donated sheets into rope toys as a special treat for their pups.
7. Tinsel and I hike – every weekend. Every chance we get. Because Florida “winter” is so short, we try and squeeze everything in.
8. Christmas Eve my husband and I pull our king sized mattress into the living room. We move all of our furniture out of the way and cuddle up underneath our Christmas tree while watching our favorite holiday movies.
9. We make kabobs – my husband’s family tradition. They always make kabobs (chicken/veggies on a skewer) for Christmas Eve.
10. My personal tradition: Consume as many Peppermint Mocha Frapps as possible.
11. We drive around before Christmas, bundled up in our tiny car and go see the neighborhood lights. I load our coffee mugs filled with homemade coca and we munch on sugar cookies, as we drive around looking for the best neighborhood lights.
12. We live in Orlando and have some of the BEST hotels. We love to drive around to each Disney and Universal owned hotels to view their trees and gingerbread houses!
Do you have any holiday traditions? I would love to hear about them below! (And possibly steal them for my own 😏)