New Year’s Eve comes with SO MUCH PRESSURE (for me at least). Did I get everything done this year that I wanted to? What about next year, is there something I want to do better or change?
2017 all I wanted was to travel more and I also wanted to see a dentist about getting braces (I have a few imperfections that I’ve always wanted to get fixed). I achieved all of those goals and then some. My teeth impressions are done and I’m waiting to hear back from the dentist. My husband, Tinsel and I traveled to 18 different states this year and had some INCREDIBLE adventures. I mean look how cute we are?? 😉😉
For 2018 I want something more challenging. I want to work on a skill, learn something new each week or conquer a fear. I started the list below, I’m sure there will be a lot more things that pop up through the year (I’m always up for suggestions too)! I’ll be starting off with my first item next Saturday, January 6th 2018 – Learning how to make macaroons. I’ll be posting a new article each Saturday morning, so keep your eye out 🙂
Some skills I’d like to improve or things I’d like to learn are:
- Learn how to bake macaroons
- Brush up on my acoustic guitar skills
- Learn how to ACTUALLY use my adult camera instead of giving up and using my iPhone
- Learn how to properly decorate a cake with fondant
- Learn how make candles!
- Paper folding and Origami
- Learn self defense
- Learn how to cook a different meal. Maybe something with a pot roast? I’d like to take a cooking class
- Take a pottery or clay making class
- Learn a Magic Trick! (Seems kind of silly – but what the heck! In the spirit of learning!)
- Learn how to build a kite and actually fly it
- My penmanship is pretty good. But I’d like to take a calligraphy class
- Make a scrapbook! (Possible about Tinsel’s upcoming birthday?? 😏😏😏)
- Learn how to meditate and actually practice it!
- Grow a vegetable and herb garden (and not kill it)
- Purchase a sewing machine or borrow one and actually learn how to use it
- Try Geocaching
- Go birdwatching
- Learn how to play Racketball. Seems simple? But I have no idea how people keep up with the ball…
- Ride a horse. Ok I’m going to let you in here, when I was younger I was bit by a horse pretty bad and it scared me physically and emotionally FOR LIFE. So this a double pointer for conquering my fear
- Attend a Renaissance Fair and see what the hype is about
- Learn how to make my own jewelry
- After learning how to sew, make a quilt for someone!
- What’s with Feng Shui?
- Take an online course about Interior Design and apply what I learn
- Go to a wine tasting. I’m not big on wine, but I’d like to learn!
- Learn how to bowl
- Learn how to play chess
- This one is a little more complicated and might involve my Grandmother. My Aunt (my Grandmother’s sister) passed away a few years ago and we were awfully close. Each year for Christmas my Aunt would send me home made cherry jam. I’d like to learn how to make it, so I’m planning on bothering my Grandmother until she teaches me the secret
- Learn how to read a star map and go star gazing
- Learn how to care of a Bonsai Tree. They are so complicated, but my Dad always kept one throughout my childhood. I’d like to learn how to care for one
- Learn how to needle felt
- Take a class on floral arrangements and surprise someone 🙂
- This one is a little weird? But I’d like to learn how to maintain a small saltwater or fresh water aquarium. I have a beta fish at work and another at home, but caring for a big/real tank seems complicated. I’d like to see what it’s all about
- I’ve been snorkeling before, but I’m not that good at it. I’d like to go snorkeling and see something new
- This last one is a little odd too – I’d like to learn how to properly train Tinsel, maybe even take a Dog-Training course
- Learn how to “Arm Knit” a large sweater blanket
- Well, maybe I need to learn how to knit first…..
What’s on your bucket list this year? Anything you’d like to improve on or keep going? I’d love to hear about your resolutions or not-so-resolutions below!! Thank you guys as always for reading ♥️
Make sure to follow me on Instagram too! I’ll be posting updates pictures and so much more! Hope you all have a wonderful new year!