I’ve been feeling pretty sick (you can read all about that nonsense here). Even if you aren’t sick and you just want to have some Me Time below is my tried & true methods for making feel better even when I’m at my worst.
- A warm oatmeal bath. My Grandmother would always place me in an oatmeal bath when I didn’t feel well. Upset stomach? Oat Meal Bath. Broken leg? Oat Meal Bath.
- Right now I have a LITTERAL obsession with adult coloring books. You know the fun detailed coloring pages for adults? There’s just something relaxing about doing a mind-numbing activity like coloring.
- Soup. Throw some organic/low sodium veggie broth into canned chicken soup = heaven. (See all of my recipe articles here if you are curious)
- Make something for someone. My go-to is creating care packages for other people, you can see some inspiration from the Dollar Tree. They have entire thing for gift baskets and care packages 😍😍 I’m actually in the midst of sending a care package for my bestie with the theme “I Miss You A Latte.” Something about giving something to someone else, makes me feel better.
- If you are up for it, go for a walk. Breathe in some fresh air and take your four legged friend along with. If you are REALLY REALLY up for it, go for a hike. Hiking soothes my soul
- Speaking of four legged friends – that little wiggle butt always makes me feel better
- Naps. I think I’ve mentioned this before? Like yesterday? I’m an expert napper.
8. A slightly addictive game on your phone or tablet – I’m currently hooked on playing Animal Crossing Camp. Seriously.
9. Tea! Lots and lots of tea. Again, I don’t know what is so comforting about it, but my Grandmother always had a pot of tea brewing in her house. The sound of the kettle whistle, the taste of milk tea makes everything just so much better. My Grandmother is one of the most influential women I have ever met, she truly inspired and continues to inspire me. I guess that’s why oatmeal baths and tea are always my go-to healing remedy
10. Making some sort of list. Sometimes it’s not about a stomach bug or a sprained ankle, sometimes I’m emotionally unwell too. I get stressed and my #1 for stress is to start writing a list – a list of to-do items, a list of worries, a list of accomplishments. Getting all of that junk in my head on paper, just helps.
As I’m slowly trying to get back onto my feet and taking care of myself; even making this list made me feel just slightly better. Do you have any tried & true recipes to make you feel better? Any words of wisdom from your Grandmother too? I’d like to hear about them below!
As always be sure to follow me on all of your favorite social media handles, to get the very latest articles & cute puppy selfies from Tinsel the dog.
Facebook Community Page @TheTangledTinsel