My bestie lives in Washington D.C and I live in central Florida, so you can say it’s a BIT OF A DRIVE. Of course I was skimming through Pinterest and saw this idea – DIY care packages! Of course this is a SUPER cute idea and I just had to try it out for myself.
Picking a theme
So you decided to make a care package, now it’s time to pick a good theme! Think about your friends favorite things – do they love binge watching Netflix? Or maybe they love to travel? My bestie and I always met up at our favorite Starbucks, no matter what state we were in, we were always at Starbucks. Of course I decided to make a Miss You A Latte themed care package
If you are using my theme, here’s my supply list
- <a href=”http://levylisa 10 Sheets 8″ x 12″ Soft Touch Glitter Card 250gms Premium Card Sparkling Assorted Mixed Colors Craft Glitter Cardstock Cardmaker DIY Gift Box Wrapping (silver)“>Silver glitter paper
- <a href=”http://Aviditi 241612 Corrugated Box, 24″ Length x 16″ Width x 12″ Height, Kraft (Bundle of 10)“>One packing box (any size, depending on how much you are filling it)
- <a href=”http://Pearhead Namast’ay Home with My Cat, Novelty 14 oz Ceramic Coffee Mug“>A coffee mug or <a href=”http://Mint Boss Lady Mug Gold Coffee Mug Gift For Her Gift For Boss Coffee Mug Tea Cup Girl Boss Babe Motivational Coffee Mug Chic Office Decor“>two
- <a href=”http://GEVALIA House Blend Coffee, Medium Roast, Ground, 20 Ounce“>Specialty coffee grounds
- <a href=”http://Kitchen Oven Mitt Pot Holder Set Kitchen Linens Oven Mitt Pot Holder Pack (Coffee Cup)“>Coffee themed pot holders
- <a href=”http://Authentique Paper EME010 Emerald 12×12 Paper Pad“>Green, <a href=”http://Oh So Glam 12×12 Gold Foiled Embossed Scrapbooking Paper Cardstock, Arrows, Greek Key, Elephants, Anchors, 60 sheets“>white & <a href=”http://Paperhues Red-White Christmas Collection 12×12″ Pad, 24 Sheets. Decorative Specialty Handmade Origami Papers for Gift Wrap, Card Making, Scrapbooking, Decor, Art and Craft Projects.“>red scrap-booking paper
- <a href=”http://Hot Glue Gun, Atmoko Glue Gun Kit with 50pcs Glue Sticks, High Temperature Melting Glue Gun for DIY Small Projects, Arts and Crafts, Home Quick Repairs,Valentine’s Day Decoration(20 Watts, Blue)“>A hot glue gun & refills
- <a href=”http://Jolee’s Boutique Scrapbooking Embellishment, Passport Sunglasses and Planes“>These adorable scrap book planes
- <a href=”http://Gold Glitter Alphabet Sticker Sheets Pack of 10 sheets – Craft A-Z“>Gold letter stickers
- <a href=”http://Creative Hobbies Rainbow Color Tissue Paper Bonus Pack, 20″ x 26″ Sheets, Assorted Colors, Pack of 100 Sheets!“>Tissue paper
Let’s put it together!
- I started by wrapping the inside of the box with glitter paper – Outline the outside of the box and hot glue the paper in the inside. The glitter paper was a little thick, using tape did not work well.
- Letting the inside box liner glue dry, I then started on making the small paper Starbucks cups (writing our names poorly on the cups – of course)
- I cut small slivers of red scrap booking paper and made a trailer from one side of the lid to the other (connecting our Starbucks cups together). I then placed the scrap booking plane in the middle
- I hot glued the gold letter stickers on the top and bottom lids to spell out “I miss you a latte”
- I then filled up the box full of treats! Don’t worry too much about making a nice display, it’s bound to get mixed up in shipping
Honestly that was just about it. Now everyone should expect care packages from me, because this was TOO FUN to make! Have you ever made a care package like this one? Or maybe something a bit different? I’d like to hear about it below in the comments!
Want to see the grand reveal of my besties package? You can check it out on social media by clicking any of the links to the side of the page >>> 😘😘