There’s so much pressure now to eat healthy, get exercise, take care of your home, spend time with your spouse/kids/pets AND to balance it all while working a full time (or like me TWO full time jobs). This whole “work-life balance” shenanigan.
My husband and I always tease each other and call this the “participation point challenge.” Starting of the day with 100 points and marking off points for having to basically participate in life. (I.E. Walking the Dog -25 points). We joke that honestly I end far up in the red each day. We find it amusing to laugh about our stressful day over a shared bottle of wine 😂😂
I’m by NO MEANS a morning person. But here are somethings I’ve learned over the years that help me feel like I’m at least getting most of that first list accomplished: Exercise, Eat Healthy, Spending Time with Spouse/Pets AND have a clean home. I tell myself everyday when I roll out of bed at the ASS CRACK of dawn >>
“If I do this. If I really really do this. I get everything done. Then after work, when I come home, I’m going to treat myself to a long hot bath and Netflix.”
The “treat myself to….” changes every morning. From Starbucks, to there’s chocolate on the counter in the Kitchen for god sake just get out of bed.
What I do at night to make a better morning
- Make a bottle of water and leave it in the fridge. Here’s the link my current bottle!
- Pick up your house: Straighten couch throw pillows, vacuum if you need to, start the dishwasher, start a load of wash Etc. Make everything “company clean” if you will
- Pre-pack your lunches. We like to do this on Sundays after grocery shopping, but the night before works too. My go-to right now is grilled chicken and organic veggie pasta with raw spinach. I love these meal prep containers on Amazon!
- Layout your work clothes. Pick out an entire outfit, shoes and all. I like to keep labeled week bins in my closet. Done with the wash? Pick out your outfit and throw it into a labeled “Monday” bin. I use these bins for my closet, find something that works for you too!
- ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a “drop location” at the front door. Ours is a small dish on our kitchen bar: use this to lay down your work badges, car keys, wallets, wedding rings etc. I picked up an antique glass dish for ours, but you can use something like this too!